About the company
IANUS Simulation GmbH is a German deep tech scale up and software developer headquartered in Dortmund with an additional office in Bielefeld. Since its foundation in 2006, IANUS has evolved from a traditional engineering company to a Simulation-as-a-Service company and currently has an interdisciplinary team of more than 60 professionals.
Key solutions and services
IANUS develops customisable simulation technologies to solve highly complex technical flow processes in industrial applications. Using the latest digital technologies such as parametric digital twins, fully automated multi-physics simulations and AI assistant systems, industrial customers can design their machines and processes faster, with less resource consumption and higher quality.
In addition to the pure project business, IANUS also offers its solutions within the first fully scalable Simulation-as-a-Service ecosystem called ‘StrömungsRaum®’. Through cloud access, industrial customers can access a highly automated framework anytime, anywhere and run and evaluate simulations independently without expert knowledge or expensive digital infrastructure. AI-assistant systems support the engineer by generating concrete suggestions for process optimisation. This allows them to get the maximum performance out of their machines and processes with minimal effort.
IANUS’ solutions support industrial companies in a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, automotive, building technology, chemical process engineering, microtechnology and life sciences. The business areas are constantly being expanded.
AI and simulation network
With the network ‘Simchronize’, founded in 2020 and rebranded in 2022, IANUS bundles the expertise of more than 200 AI and simulation experts from all over Europe. In this way, solutions can be developed for a wide range of specialised applications outside IANUS’ core areas of expertise.
IANUS can now look back on several notable achievements:
- 1,000+ successful simulation projects with small and well-known large engineering companies from various industries
- 20+ internationally funded research projects with seven active projects bringing innovations to market
- Establishment of a scientific advisory board with renowned personalities from academia, industry and consultancy
- 1st place at the AI Beyond Borders Awards 2022 as the most innovative AI scaleup in Germany with an excellent internationalisation and expansion strategy
- 2nd place at the German Innovation Award 2023 (Deutscher Innovationspreis 2023) in the category SME
- 1st place at the Scale-up pitch of the Handelsblatt Media Group as the most innovative scale-up in Germany
- Participation in Batch #1 of the Scale-up.NRW programme for international scaling and expansion in 2022
- Participation in German Accelerator’s US Market Access Programme in 2022 with first successful projects with US customers